The Keep Australia Beautiful, Beverage Container Recycling Community Grants, funded by The Coca-Cola Foundation provide financial support and guidance to individuals, communities and organisations for the implementation of projects which make long term impacts on the recycling of beverage containers.
The Coca-Cola Foundation concentrates on community support in four priority areas: Water Stewardship, Healthy and Active Lifestyles, Education and Community Recycling.
The Keep Australia Beautiful Beverage Container Recycling Community Grants will resource practical steps to encourage and facilitate "Away from the Home" recycling programs across Australia, provide education on the correct disposal of waste, provide education on cause and effects of recycling and enforce best practice principals in our communities. It is necessary for programs to include a focus on beverage container recycling.
In larger communities this may mean temporary infrastructure for events or for special venues such as large retail and education centres. In smaller communities it may mean assistance with transport or processing to overcome remote location or dispersed population.
LEVEL OF FUNDING
Community groups are able to apply for funding between $3000 and $10,000 (incl GST). The granted amount may vary from original requests due to the number of grants in a funding round.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The applicant organisation must have an ABN or work closely with a service group or Council that does. If approved by the CEO, Keep Australia Beautiful Queensland may apply for funding on behalf of a non-ABN registered organisation.
The program is available to all Australians regardless of state legislation that may apply in relation to recycling.
- Community groups
- Local associations
- Small to medium enterprises
- Local government authorities
- Projects which address the specific issue of beverage container recycling and its by-products.
- To fund community recycling projects focused on beverage containers that:
- Are well defined with clear goals, objectives, outcomes and evaluation,
- Are accurately budgeted for with all resources identified including sources of additional funding,
- Demonstrate a capacity to leave a legacy beyond the funding period.
- Communities and projects that have participated in the Keep Australia Beautiful Queensland Tidy Towns, Sustainable Cities and/or Clean Beaches awards programs and have demonstrated their ability to implement suitable projects.
- Trial projects which will develop a model for future litter projects.
- Projects that can continue after the initial support from the grant.
Eligible projects will be assessed against the following:
- RESEARCH - whether the project is based on an understanding of the recycling problem in the project area. Also, consider investigation of recycling strategies (and specifically beverage container recycling) as described by other organisations nationally and/or internationally.
- RECYCLING INNOVATION - supporting community projects which are innovative and resource the continuum of best practice "Away from Home" recycling programs in Australia at a local community level.
- PUBLIC BENEFIT - supporting initiatives which build local communities capacities to provide long term sustainable benefits to the Australian population.
- SUSTAINABLE LIVING - supporting initiatives which stimulate an informed community.
- MEASURABLE IMPACT - supporting projects which have measurable short and long term objectives based on sound research, planning and evaluation.
- EVALUATION - methodology including a sound approach to monitoring outcomes.
- COST EFFECTIVENESS - cost measured against anticipated benefits.
- The applicant organisation must have an ABN or work closely with a service group or Council that does.
- Allocation of funding may be used only for the purpose outlined in the 'agreement' based on information supplied in the application. Failure to do so may result in a requirement to repay the funds.
- Recipients must formally acquit their grant funds after the completion of the project. Acquittal and evaluation forms will be provided to successful recipients. These forms will require detailed information on project details including: location, grant amount, project description, anticipated amount of recycled materials collected and number of beneficiaries. Where possible the report should include pictures of the project, testimonials from participants and copies of any media coverage.
- Recipients must be prepared to provide detailed results including estimated amounts of material recycled as a result of the grant. Ideally, this will be by weight and if not by weight, then a measure of volume or number of items that the grant recipient can convert into an estimated weight.
- An acknowledgement of funding assistance by Keep Australia Beautiful must be included in any advertising and on any material relating to the project for which the funds were allocated.
- Applications must cover ALL elements and answer ALL questions. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. An application is considered incomplete if it does not contain all essential information with all questions answered.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are encouraged to pre-register on the application page, which allows you to download the official application form. Once completed, applicants must return to the application page and submit/upload the document. Alternatively, applications can be submitted via email.
Applications close: 20 July 2012 (please note this date was extended; previously 15 June)
The Coca-Cola Foundation
The Coca-Cola Company is a local business on a global scale. As our business has expanded over the years, so our community support has grown to create and support projects most relevant to local communities around the globe. We are committed to investing our time, expertise and resources to help develop and maintain vibrant, sustainable and local communities.
Established in 1984 (and wholly funded by The Coca-Cola Company), The Coca-Cola Foundation helps keep that commitment every day by partnering with organisations around the globe to support initiatives and programs that respond in a meaningful way to community needs and priorities.
More information on The Coca-Cola Foundation can be found at: http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/citizenship/foundation.html